The Royal Welsh Agricultural Society has played a leading role in the development of agriculture and the rural economy in Wales for over a century since its formation in 1904. Today our work includes providing support for business, social welfare and education in rural communities, and the organisation and staging of our ever-popular Society events; the Spring Festival, the Summer Show and the Winter Fair.
The Society’s charitable objectives are:
- To promote agriculture, horticulture, forestry and conservation, particularly in Wales
- To advance science, research and education in connection with these industries
- To promote the improvement of livestock and the prevention and eradication of diseases in animals
- To hold demonstrations of modern agricultural methods and processes
- To hold shows for the exhibition of livestock, poultry, farm and horticultural produce and forestry and to accommodate demonstrations allied to the rural industries listed