The Gardening Hall will be packed full of amazing plants, competitions, tradestands and have-a-go activities.
Adran A: Stondinau Cystadleuol / Section A: Competitive Tradestands
30 The Green Road, Ashbourne, Derbyshire, DE6 1ED
Tel: 01335 343848/07974 610476
Quality cacti and succulents.
HILLVIEW HARDY PLANTS
Worfield, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV15 5NT
Tel: 01746 716454
A display of auriculas.
Nantyderry, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, NP7 9DW
Tel: 07974 138584
A display of wicker hanging baskets.
OBSERVATORY BONSAI NURSERY
60 Cyncoed Road, Cardiff, CF23 5SH
Tel: 02920 484892
A selection of hardy Bonsai trees.
P & J PLANTS
The Hayden, Brampton Lane, Madley, Hereford, HR2 9LX
Tel: 01981 251659
A selection of carnivorous plants from across the world, showing flower and colour.
SARAH’S SPECIAL GARDEN
Hillview, Worfield, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV15 5NT
Tel: 01746 716454
A display of cottage garden plants.
The Nursery, Oakhill, Radstock, Somerset, BA3 5SE
Tel: 01749 840561
A display of spring flowering perennials and bulbs for sun and shade.
Penffordd, Llanybydder, Ceredigion, SA40 9XE
Tel: 01570 480655
Unusual perennials and shrubs in a garden setting.
Adran B: Gerddi / Section B: Gardens
NEATH PORT TALBOT GROUP
Horticulture Department, Dŵr-y-Felin Road, Neath, Neath Port Talbot, SA10 7RF
Tel: 01639 648261
“A celebration of the Works of Roald Dahl” – to celebrate the work of the Welsh born author and the centenary of his birth. A garden divided into a number of his most celebrated books. The garden ranges from the exuberance of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to the more sombre naturalistic themes represented in Fantastic Mr Fox. Garden created by NPTC College staff and students.
Adran C: Stondinau / Section C: Tradestands
Llangathen, Carmarthenshire, SA32 8QH
Tel: 01558 668998
Information on the gardens with a plant identification challenge.
Llwynbrain, Talsarn, Lampeter, Ceredigion, SA48 8QD
Tel: 01570 470557
A selection of Maples from all over the world, but especially Japanese and Chinese Acers.
ASHFIELD COMMUNITY ENTERPRISE
Ashfield, Howey, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5PL
Tel: 01597 829689
Ashfield is a community garden open to people of all abilities. We cultivate organic produce in the Kitchen Garden for local consumption and provide a place for local people to come together to grow food. We will be promoting the new Sensory garden for people with Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
Brit Growers/Eggseeds/Federation of City Farms & Community Gardens/Pentrebane Zone
42 Adare Street, Evanstown, Bridgend, CF39 8RU
Tel: 02920 612982
Brit Growers will feature community gardens with a range of pallet garden items that are planted up demonstrating vertical gardening and workshops and demonstrations recycling everyday products into garden related features. Eggseeds will feature sustainable education around food farming and the environment with live hatching chicks and community garden information. Pentrebane Zone will provide pallet workshops; and The Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens will provide an information area with growing advice and community land advise.
BRITISH TRUST FOR ORNITHOLOGY
c/o Mr Kelvin Jones, S2 Thoday Building, Bangor University, Deiniol Road, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2UW
Tel: 01248 383235
Promoting the conservation work of the BTO with emphasis on the trusts Garden Birdwatch Scheme.
CAMBRIAN MOUNTAINS SOCIETY
c/o Professor Roger Earis (Chairman)
Tel: 01497 821668
‘Working to secure greater recognition for the unique landscape, environment and heritage of the Cambrian Mountains. The Cambrian Mountains Society’s geographical area comprises the area of mid Wales that includes Pumlumon. The Charity's objectives are to promote and educate, for the benefit of local communities and of the wider public, measures which will sustain or enhance the landscape, natural beauty, biodiversity, archaeology, scientific interest, and cultural heritage of the Cambrian Mountains.
CAMPAIGN FOR THE PROTECTION OF RURAL WALES (CPRW)
c/o Peter Seaman, Chairman Brecon & Radnor Branch, Brynhyfryd, Scethrog, Brecon, LD3 7EQ
Tel: 01874 676225
Publicity and information on the work of the CPRW.
COTTAGE GARDEN SOCIETY
c/o Penhyddgan, Boduan, Pwllheli, Ll53 8YH
Tel: 01758 721577
Information and display materials on the Cottage Garden Society.
Adeilad 9, Ffordd y Parc, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4BN
Tel: 01248 668640
Arable and Horticulture advice.
HERBS IN WALES
Lake Farm Barns, St Athan Road, Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan, CF71 7HY
Tel: 07966 635506
Seasonal Herbs and Wildflowers.
HOWEY HEDGEHOG RESCUE
Ty Newydd, 9 Goylands Close, Howey, Llandrindod Wells, LD1 5RB
Tel: 01597 824951
The ethos is to admit orphaned hoglets, sick and vet checked injured hedgehogs; rehabilitate them and safely slow release them back into the wild. The iconic hedgehog is a vastly declining species so we are happy to talk to the public about our specialised conservation work and answer any questions. Simple household objects that can save a hedgehogs life will be shown along with advice on wildlife gardening and dangers facing hedgehogs in the garden.
LABELS N’ THINGS
Unit 6 Shaw Lane Industrial Estate, Shaw Lane, Bromsgrove, B60 4ED
Tel: 01527 557990
Suppliers of plant labels and garden sundries.
MEADOW IN MY GARDEN
Glenmoor, Pans Lane, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 5AW
Tel: 01380 724963
Flower meadow and wildflower seeds and garden sundries including Backdoor Shoes and bags.
NATIONAL GARDEN SCHEME
c/o Christine Carrow, Ty’n y Cwm, Beulah, Llanwrtyd Wells, LD5 4TS
Tel: 01591 620461
Photos of gardens and County booklets on National Garden Scheme.
PLATFORM ONE ARTS & CRAFT ASSOCIATION
c/o Croft Llwyd, 28 Heol Maespica, Lower Cwmtwrch, Powys, SA9 2PP
Tel: 01639 831477
Local handmade crafts by members of Platform One Art & Craft Association.
RADNORSHIRE WILDLIFE TRUST
Warwick House, High Street, Llandrindod Wells, LD1 6AG
Tel: 01597 823298
RWT is one of six wildlife trusts in Wales. In order to achieve an environment rich in wildlife the objectives are to create a living landscape and to secure living seas, to demonstrate how nature works and to inspire people to take action for nature. The theme for the stand is Wildflowers for Pollinators and 30 Days Wild which is a National Nature Challenge to get people outdoor and commit to 30 random acts of wildness – from dancing in the rain to making nature cocktails from ingredients such as elderflowers and making wild art or star gazing.
Magnolia Cottage, Ledbury Road Crescent, Staunton, Gloucester, GL19 3QB
Tel: 01452 840107
WELSH FOSSIL FOUNTAINS
Emma & Lyndon Hammonds, Rhiew Farm, Hundred House, Llandrindod Wells LD1 5RY
Tel: 01982 570288
Stunning, natural stone water features, made in Mid Wales.
WELSH HISTORIC GARDENS TRUST
c/o Mr Jonathan Reeves, Pontsioni House, Aberedw, Builth Wells, Powys, LD2 3SQ
Tel: 01982 560205
A charity devoted to promoting the gardens and parks of Wales, encouraging interest in their care and preservation.
Ralph and Elke Curtis, 1 Pontybrynhurt, Brecon Road, Crickhowell, NP8 1SH
Tel: 07807 302214
Come and see the Mushroom Man – non-stop woodturning demonstrations.
Adran Gwenyn / Bee Section
Mr Michael Cooper, 2 Twyn y Rhodyn Cottages, Hennoyadd Road, Abercrave, Swansea, SA9 1UT
Tel: 01639 730588
Beehives, stands and beehive parts.
c/o Mr R D Griffiths, Cofnod, Intec, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4FG
Tel: 01248 672680
OPAL (open air laboratories) provide pollination surveys and other citizen science surveys and practical survey sessions for members of the public during the event.
School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, Redwood Building, King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff, CF14 5QH
Tel: 02920 874952
Cardiff University’s Pharmabee project is using bees to help find new natural antibiotics from plants, and making Cardiff more bee-friendly, increasing biodiversity throughout the city.
WELSH BEEKEEPERS’ ASSOCIATION
c/o Graham Wheeler, Mertyn Downing, Whitford, Holywell CH8 9EP
Tel: 01745 560557
Information on the craft of beekeeping and the support offered to beekeepers.
Rhowch gynnig arni / Come and have a go
- A plant identification challenge based on the plants on the stand/literature
Ashfield Community Garden
- Guess the vegetable and plant competition.
- Create some eye catching labels for your garden
- Discover the creative world of recycled flowers and garden ornaments
- How to reuse pallets into useful garden furniture and interesting items
- Create a window box out of pallets
- Turn scraps into decorative flowers with Ribbon and paper
- Seed bombs - inspire the whole family to brighten up the community with wildflower seed bombs
- Discover the farming world and how to hand mill grain with EggSeeds
- Observe live hatching with EggSeeds
British Trust for Ornithology
- How do we catch birds? What ring do I take? Call and chat about the BTO ringing scheme, and how you and your garden can help inform about the birds using your garden and the health of the birds and other wildlife sharing it with you
Cambrian Mountains Society
- A quiz based on identification of the main peaks of the Cambrian Mountains
- A map based activity using map reading/compass skills related to the peaks
Campaign for the Protection of Rural Wales
- Will be running a drawing/colouring competition for children on the theme of ‘Welsh Mountains’.
Cottage Garden Society
- Come and have a go at sowing perennial seeds in a pot
- Interactive quiz using an ipad.
Howey Hedgehog Rescue
- An easy to make feeding station and hedgehog house with plans will be available, along with information booklets and colouring sheets.
OPAL (open air laboratories)
- Practical pollination survey sessions using plants on the stand and tours around the Festival site.
- "build a bee" and colouring in, and we’ll have a bee hive (without bees!) to investigate.
- Children’s workshops to include making cards, pictures and mosaics using the mediums of leatherwork, ceramics, felting, jewellery, enamelling and photography - all will be on a garden/flower theme.
Radnorshire Wildlife Trust
- Wild flowers for Pollinators – our project is to raise awareness that pollinators like bees, hoverflies and butterflies are essential for a healthy ecosystem as well as for food production. We will have a fun wild flower quiz and craft activity.
- 30 Days Wild – activities relating to the fun 30 Days Wild challenge where we will help people with ideas so that they can do something wild everyday from 1st – 30th June and help them sign up to the challenge.
Welsh Beekeeping Association
- Candle Rolling - make your own beeswax candle for 50p.
- Don't know what a honeybee looks like? Come and meet the Queen and her colony.
- Thinking about becoming a beekeeper? Come and talk to Welsh Beekeepers to find out what's the buzz with bees.
- Got a problem with your honeybee colonies? Have a chat with the Regional or Seasonal Bee Inspectors.