RWAS Long Service Medals for agricultural workers
21 July 2014
Ten agricultural workers from across Wales, who together have notched up 422 years of service, will receive a Royal Welsh Agricultural Society Long Service Medal in recognition of their length of service to the agricultural industry at this year’s Royal Welsh Show.
The recipients of this year’s medals are:
• Erfyl Thomas Davies, aged 63, of Doldowlod, Llandrindod Wells, Powys who worked for The late Lord Gibson Watt at Doldowlod Est, Llandrindod Wells, Powys for 16 years and latterly for Mr Peter Evans of Dolberthog Farm, Llandrindod for 27 years.
• John Michael Davies, aged 74, of Heyope, Knighton, Powys who worked for the Milk Marketing Board/Genus Breeding Ltd for 50 years.
• Wynne Davies, aged 57, of Cray, Brecon, Powys who worked for Edward Thomas & Son Ltd, Usk Sawmill, Sennybridge, Brecon for 40 years.
• Arthur Wyn Griffiths, aged 58, of Betws yn Rhos, Abergele, Clwyd who worked for the Griffith family at Tŷ Newydd Farm, Plasnewydd Estate, Trefnant, Denbigh for 41 years.
• Emlyn Jones, aged 67, of Gellifor, Ruthin, Clwyd who worked for Genus Breeding Ltd for 41 years.
• John Rydwen Pryce Jones, aged 68, of Whitton who worked for C V J & P M Pugh, Cwm Whitton, Knighton, Powys for 42 years.
• John Trevor Jones, aged 59, of Llansantffraid, Powys who worked for the Owen family at Trewylan Ganol, Llansantffraid, Powys for 40 years.
• Samuel O Jones, aged 60, of Dolgellau who worked for Genus Breeding Ltd for 40 years.
• Victor Edward Mitchell, aged 71, who worked for William Johns Powell & Son at Sheepcourt, Bonvilston for 17 years and V J Thomas & Son at Pancross Farm, Llancarfan for 28 years.
• Nigel Kenneth Sullivan, aged 65 years of Sully, Vale of Glamorgan who also worked for V J Thomas & Son at Pancross Farm, Llancarfan, Vale of Glamorgan for 40 years.