Have-a-go at the Spring Festival
19 April 2016
Taking place at the showground in Llanelwedd, Builth Wells on 21 and 22 May, the Royal Welsh Spring Festival is a fantastic weekend-long celebration of smallholding and rural life.
The two-day festival, with its action-packed programme of entertainment, have-a-go educational activities, displays and main ring performances, offers the perfect family day out.
And to make things even better for our visiting families, this year all children aged 16 and under will have FREE entry. Plus, adult e-tickets for the festival can be bought in advance at the discounted rate of £13 each – that’s a saving of £2 per ticket!
Kay Spencer, Honorary Spring Festival Director, is very much looking forward to the 2016 event; “The Spring Festival is the perfect family event, packed full of free, educational and children’s activities. Whether you are smallholder, thinking of becoming one, or just enjoy rural life, the festival offers everything in one place.
“2016 is Visit Wales’ Year of Adventure, so we have made sure there is even more on offer than usual to tempt our visitors to join in and have-a-go at something new. There will be loads of opportunities across the festival site to get involved and have some fun.”
Come along to the Spring Festival on 21 and 22 May 2016 and have-a-go at something new
Just a few of the FREE have-a-go activities will include:
• learn how to handle livestock
• try your hand at planting some seeds for the garden
• bring your dog along to take part in the BASC scurry league
• take part in a game of tug-of-war with a shire horse!
• learn some new circus tricks
• get up-close and personal with some exotic animals
• blow a giant bubble
• step inside the bee experience
• have a turn in the BASC shooting range
• try and hit the target in an archery lesson
• watch a cookery demonstration
• have a go at paintballing
• find out all you need to know about life as a smallholder
• and much more…
For more information, or to get your discounted e-ticket, visit www.rwas.wales